The course offers a 360° experience to learn the historical and cultural importance of felt hats directly from the Master Hatters, who have preciously maintained the same techniques and skills handed down for centuries and to understand the dynamics of the accessories market, visualizing innovative sales strategies of felt hats.
The course is an opportunity to get inside a factory with 250 years of history and working alongside craftsmen who create a unique product, as is every Barbisio Hat, with the skill of their hands and great knowledge of the materials.
The course will take place at the campus of Cittą Studi for theoretical lectures and at the Cappellificio Cervo factory in Sagliano Micca for the practical training.
- Materials, production process and quality of the felt hat (4 hours)
- Knowledge of the felt hat product and its historical and cultural heritage (4 hours)
- Design elements of the hat (4 hours)
- History and identity of the Cappellificio Cervo and the Barbisio brand (2 hours)
- Efficiently manage the relationships implied in the sales (2 hours)
- Group training in creation, definition, production and presentation of a prototype hat using a Cooperative - Learning method with the support of the Workers and the Masters Hatters from Cappellificio Cervo (24 hours)
For more information write to: hat_master(at)cittastudi.org